The Construction Trades Program prepares students for entry into the construction industry. In addition to classroom instruction, a strong emphasis is placed on hands-on experience involving projects both on and off site.
The curriculum includes:
- Safety - Personal worksite safety.
- Tools - Use of hand, power, and stationary woodworking tools.
- Materials - Current materials used both in residential and commercial construction.
- Construction techniques - Proper building practices from foundation to roof in renovation and new home construction.
- Woodwork and cabinetry - How to achieve high levels of workmanship in finish carpentry and cabinet installation.
- Building Codes - Introductory understanding of building codes and the permit process.
- Blueprint reading - Understanding blueprints, estimating, and material take off.
After completion of the 4-year program, our students will have a basic understanding of how to construct a home from start to finish.